Friday, September 29, 2006

AF FEST!

Yowza! Got my 50th level on Dragoon, and decided it was about time to start my quests for the mighty purple artifact armor! Things were going great until I realized that I still had my RDM AF hands quest open, and had to finish that first. SO I gear up my RDM for optimal defense, so the BLU subjob was an obvious choice for me; ((Utsusemi)) ((Too Weak)). With the BLU subjob I cna gain a 33% Defense bonus for 3 minutes, coupled with Protect IV and my newest love, Tavnazian Tacos (more on these inna second), my RDM's total DEF is just about 638 defense. Loverly. Tavnazian Tacos cost ~25k for 12, and allow me to tank like a PLD, coupled with other defensive spells, Auto-Regen from the BLU subjob, and the spell Regen, I can actually be a formitalble tank, but sadly, not in an exp pt. With few hate spike abilities, I couldn't stand up against the barrage of WS and even normal damage done by other pt members. /sigh.

Now where was I? Oh yeah. AF. After I gear up my RDM/BLU, I grabbed a friend (Laf, thanks again) and teleported out to the dreaded Castle Zvahl Balieys. Popped DarkSpark, and went to work. I had assumed that I could hold hate vs a MNK/NIN but I was wrong ^^;. Laf ended up tanking that fight, and thankfully, I had equipped ((Head Butt)) to stun Darkspark. Even as a sj, BLU's Stun spell is VERY effective, not failing once, and sometimes topping 150 damage. Needless to say, DS hit laf maybe twice, and didn't manage to get ONE spell off. This pleased me to no end. Upon beating DS, I got my shadow flames, and aquired my RDM AF hands. Going back today for DRG hands, and I hope we do as well today as yesterday.

I popped 2 coffers yesterday as well, the Bohyada Tree coffer for my old gauntlets, and my Drachen Greaves Coffer from Quicksand Caves. Cant wait to use them ^^. I'm heading to Ifrit's Cauldron later today to grab my Drachen Mail, looks like a genocide of bees is upon us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home