Sunday, September 10, 2006

Weekend Exploits :O

WOW! What an exciting weekend this has been! Friday I had my assault static, Saturday I had lot's of stuff, and sunday I had FU's Level 10 Alliance and Best Death Contest!

Friday: BAM. Our frist run at the Private Frist Class Assault Series. The assault we selected was "Orichalcum Survey", where you run through Leujaom Sanctum to mine a single Orichalcum Ore before the beastmen do. 30 minutes, 6 members, 60 cap. Fun. Our first run failed, mainly because we ran out of time, but mostly because the damn worms kept popping at the mining points we were searching for the ore. Okay, brushed it off and tried again. I was looking like we were going to fail this one too, but around 5 minutes till the mission was ended Tigerlily managed to mine up the ore and ran it to the the immortal to complete the assault! We did a quick run through the "Leaujaom Cleansing" Assault afterwards, but I couldn't attend beacuse I forgot to get my 4th tag earlier in the week. Got a heafty ammount of assault points and fell asleep somtime during the run ><. Saturday: Got some NM camping done. Stuck myself out in ((Sea Serpent's Grotto)) and camped the ToD for the notorious monster "Charybdis" for the RDM Dream Sword ((Joyeuse)). I managed to get a pickup group and together we slayed the beast and it dropped the sword! Sadly for me, the other Red Mage in the party got the sword and I got Charybdis's time of death. Later that evening, some frinds and I got together and did 1vs1 uncapped Ballista! Me and Morgue were the first two up, I cames as RDM72/DRK36 and he came as WAR75/NIN37. Well, I have no real experience fighting Warriors in Ballista so got owned pretty badly on our first fight. Here were the rules: 1vs1, 2 buffs, no items. I chose Stoneskin and Phalanx for my two buffs (a really bad choice, as I would find out later), and Morgue chose Utsusemi and a Melee buff (I think it was Warcry). I popped my buffs and went to work. Started off with ((Poisonga)) to erase the shadows that his Utsusemi granted, and ((Silence)) to keep him from casting that Ninjutsu again. Because I chose ((Stoneskin)) over ((Protect IV)), my main line of defence was dropped pretty quickly because of Morgue's inexorable Warriors need to sub the Ninja subjob, he had the ability to dual wield axes. Axes that hit rather hard. Axes that when used in conjuncion with the axe weaponskill "Rampage" tend to kill me quickly when I don't have a defensive buff. Round one went to Morgue. Round two came along and I changed my strategy a bit. Cast ((Protect IV)) and ((Phalanx)) on myself and did a round of debuffs on Morgue. I can honestly say, without my cure spells I would have been toast, Rampage hurts. The rest of our matches I won, with the final outcome of 2-1 me! After Lora and Morgue squared off, it was myself and Lora, with me as RDM72/DRK36 again and Lora as WAR75/NIN37. I figured I'd do the same routine as I did with Morgue, and for the most part it worked, except for a few times when being axed to the face interuppted my casting. I lost one match because I mashed my Spirits Within macro instead of my Vorpal Blade one, and got Rampaged. Wee! Jolly good fun!

After the match we decided to go hit Pso'Xja and farm some colored chips for Chains of Promathia Mission 3-5 "Darkness Named", a 40 cap BCNM vs. the lord of nightmares, Diablos. The chips we needed dropped from a particularly nasty enemy called a Diremite. These drop the grey chips needed to get the "Pso'Xja" key item one needs to enter the tower currently under investigation by the Tenshodo syndicate. They also drop the Rare/Ex item "Florid Stone", which is used to enter the ENM battle "Test your Mite". We managed to farm up two chips (one gray, one Cyan, dropped from the Snow Lizards nearby) and 4 Florid Stones.

Sunday: Today was eventful. Woke up and got Charybdis's ToD again, and gave it to my friend Morgue, thought I'm not sure if he got the monster though. Managed to snag an experience points party too, and got myself to 28432/38000 Experience Point to level 73! Only 10k to go! Around 3:00CST was the scheduled event for Fable Unity, my social linkshell. It was the "Level 10 dunes alliance and best death contest" today, so I hopped on my SAM and ran to valkurm dunes. We had a blast! I was dying left and right, monsters were slaying people all over the place, it was chaos, but it was fun. Nice to take ones mind off of endgame for awhile and just enjoy yourself ^^.

Oh! My Chocobo reached adolescence today! It's listening to the cure, wearing black eyeliner, and singing sad songs about girls! Yey for Emobos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home